All GOOD things...................

The family friendly trials and tribulations of the everyday life. So boring and clean it might worry you.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Why make this stuff up?

So, I get this registered mail slip yesterday. Don't you just start to get excited regardless, not just mail - big mail. I thought a friend said something about dropping something in the mail, the sender line read El Salvador. I thought she was being funny. I got down to the Post Office before it closed yesterday, and this truly made my month so far. I got an envelope from El Salvador. Last summer when Matt and I went on an amazing trip South of town, we met and had dinner with a great family. We were looking for a place to stay and were asking this woman for directions. Her husband was just coming home, he asked for me to come over near Matt. He was so nice, and invited us in for dinner. We spent hours with his family, both groups didn't know much of the others language. I am sure you all would have enjoyed watching Matt and I with this family. I can't even remember giving him my address, but I got a letter (in Spanish) and a photo of Matt and I on our bikes. In all of the pictures we had, we didn't have a picture of the two of us on the bikes. Isn't that great?!

Almost finished with the first class in school. I love it. The papers are a little hard at times.

I also finished up my volunteering with the elementary kids. That was also a lot of fun. I went on my first field trip last Friday. My group was not good. I did cut them some slack because it was the end of the year and everything, BUT I did put on my scary face and had some 'talks' with a couple of them. Yesterday I got a handful of letters telling me that they were sorry for the way they had acted. It was funny. I had one little girl tell me she needed to pray to her god. I acted like I didn't hear her. She kept saying it, I told her I was not informed of her special needs and I was unable to accommodated her needs. One kid, when he saw my shaved head, jumped up and slapped my forehead. I was surprised and was unable to register a reaction.

Still looking for a long term roommate. Anyone??

CB, I enjoyed talking to you last week.

I will end here