All GOOD things...................

The family friendly trials and tribulations of the everyday life. So boring and clean it might worry you.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Really? Come on, you have to be kidding.

Here we are again. What to write. The back is getting better, but I feel another trip to the doctor coming on. My Guthy Renker is on the way, very excited.

I found out the other day that a lot of my family is going to be in town this summer. Should be interesting, since I am dry and all. I told my brother no funny stuff this year, it is not funny when I can not self medicate.

One class down in the program. I might have even gotten a good grade, which will surprise the people that helped edit my papers. It looks like at least one of the guys from class will be living with me. Never a dull moment at the house. I am working on getting it painted right now, anybody want to learn?? Today's lesson is windows and trim.

Some of you might know that I am on a softball team. We have only won one game this season. Last Monday we played the first place team. Bottom of the sixth, two outs, bases loaded - every kids glory moment to walk up to bat. I just had to put it in play. I struck out. Went down swinging. I told the Ump, who always likes me, that I peaked when I as younger and that I was not living the dream anymore. He just laughed. Some of these guys act like what they do out there is what makes them a man. What do you say to that, I bake a mean cheese cake? Try my banana bread? Not sure. I say give me the chance to hit someone and the game with be completely different. On a positive note, my defense is getting better. I have caught a couple foul balls and have been in position to make a couple plays at home.

So, I have been on a couple dates as of late. This year has been, well, not that good with the ladies. What do I do, ask a girl out from the Pottery Barn. Some might say that isn't smart, one friend said,"Don't sh_t where you eat." My response was,"Nice." So far so good, we might even go out again. My thought is, just take it nice and slow. It is not like I have a lot of time with school and two jobs. She even knows a couple people from the Porch. Enough about that.............

While in class on Saturday I was in a small group with two other people. One was a white guy in his forties, and the other was a lady from Mexico. He decides to bring up the topic of illegal people in the country. They both made a few comments to each other, and looked at me. In the nicest way I could I told her I thought sneaking into the country was wrong and that none of those kids should be able to be in school. That was the first time I had to stick to my guns with people that live that issue. This year I have really gotten used to speaking my mind and not worrying about pleasing people. Laugh all you want, I do feel I do that way to much.

Oh yeah, the pine trees in the next yard. :) They are coming down next month. The guy came over yesterday and told me. He said he wanted to do it when I was around, so I could help or something. I told him - just don't hit the buildings or kill my tree. Cut the mother down!! I am so happy, one might say I am beaming.

I tip my hat to a couple of friends out there going through some great stages in life.

I am one book closer to my goal. I think I just need two more for the year.

Gotta go, the library lady is looking at me weird.