All GOOD things...................

The family friendly trials and tribulations of the everyday life. So boring and clean it might worry you.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I have got a GREAT idea..........

I have been trying to find a job that fits into the my schedule, and yesterday the small light bulb went on again..........I am going to get my markers out, make a sign and stand next to the road. It is amazing the amount of people that stand on corners and ask for money. They range from the young to the very old - scary to actually looking like an uncle (if you have seen the guy at the off ramp from 62 and Xerxes). Their cardboard signs say things like, homeless vet, stranded and need money, God bless, will work for food etc and etc. Most of their spelling rivals my own blog's spell issues. So my thought is to get a good spot over off 62 and stand at France or Xerxes, why not. I need money and everybody else is doing it. My real issue is why we let these people do this at the corner of busy intersections. The thought a couple years ago was to make these people get i.d. tags to pan handle on street corners. This might sound funny but why do we not just make this act illegal? I can not see any reason why we let this activity go on in our city. Do you think I should park my SUV at least a block away from my perch?? I could go on and on with my rant but I will stop.

I am also the guy that is unhappy with the whole illegal immigration topic. Why do we need to make sure everybody else is happy?? We might lose a vote or funding to run for office again. Yes, we are a country of immigrates - but our/my people did it the legal way. Does anybody agree that they wouldn't call it illegal if it was ok with everyone? I realize it is a double edged sword and it will cut both ways if we start to enforce this issue - I say cut me know!! I am not some small minded white male (no jokes please).

At what point will we start fixing the things that are broken in this country? When will we as the people realize that it doesn't matter what our elected officials say, they are bought individuals. The outcome is whatever big business wants.

I know that this is a big departure from my usual drivel but it has been on my mind lately.

FYI - I am up to my neck in retail again. I called an old boss of mine and she got back to me within an hour. Did you hear me Marshall Field's?? Because you SUCK!! You can also cancel my card because I want nothing to do with you anymore - I am breaking up with you!!

A little shout out to Kitty Dunes and ?? Buck Naked, it was their birthday yesterday.