All GOOD things...................

The family friendly trials and tribulations of the everyday life. So boring and clean it might worry you.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Hot coffee and a fresh muffin

So, like I said before I think the lady two houses down died. I say this because of everything they were throwing away. I nabbed a couple baking pans, laugh all you want. So the thing around my house these days are giant muffins. Oh baby, so good. They are the size of the muffins you buy at the coffee shops, but way better. I am eating the first one fast so I can have the other one, just in case Eric comes in and smells something. :) You really can not hide the fact when you are baking.

So, I went to(what I call) 'Losers Prom' on Saturday night. It was a friends wedding. The wedding didn't start until 8pm so a group went out for dinner at Rainbow. Great group, everybody was dressed up - and our waitress SUCKED. Right when I sat down I realized I had forgotten to remember a friend about the time, I went out to my car to grab my phone AND thank the big "G" when I got back to my seat he had just gotten there. I was proud of the group for dressing up, since most things have a casual overtone.

I remember when I went through the stage of my friends getting married. The majority of the crowd was adults or family friends. That night it was mostly us. So my question is, are we the adults or the kids?? Not to let everything out in the open, but it was funny getting dressed. There are not a lot of reasons to do so these days, and yes I did change my outfit before leaving. As a joke I threw on my father's full length black dress coat, I do believe the roommate gave it the thumbs up. That or he wanted it. That group really cleans up well.

On other things, I did not get the job I wanted last week. Yup, I was a little surprised. The only thing is I felt calm in the fact that there is something else I am supposed to be doing. So now my only questions is, What the HELL is it?? This year is starting off a little differently then I had originally thought. Talk about slow.

I loved the Oscars last night. It was great to see the awards getting passed around. There really wasn't a movie that was set to sweep. The host was not as funny as he is on his show. I was also really surprised when the song that won for best song in a movie was edited. They change the word bitch to witch. Please!!! You hear that word on so many shows these days. Here is a show about movies, and they pulled back. That is sad. You can not go 30 minutes watching Will and Grace without a couple Biatch's thrown in....I hear.

With the start of a new month I will tell you that my new year's list of things to work on is going great. Yes, one of the things is to not drink hard alcohol and beer. I always get a funny reaction to this, and questions. Some people even fell uncomfortable when I am not drinking. I will be honest with you, this is not hard for me. I really do not have a problem with the 'drink' (KPG). If I were going to do something really hard it would be to give up food. That is where I find comfort, that is when I hide from stress. I come from a line that LOVES food. I just gave to my favorite charity yesterday -The Girl Scouts. I even gave them a tip, which one mother was shocked at.......it's this a fund drive?? I told the three little girl that I loved what they were doing and keep up the hard work. Honestly, I think I might visit them next weekend again.

Oops, I am starting to go on and on like the girl in Italy. That is all. I will let you know how my visit to the doctor is tomorrow. Yippie, cough....cough