VICODIN
That is how I spell relief. Some of you might know that I was having a dinner party last night, but it was called off at the last minute. I wasn't feeling myself last night. I had what I thought were 'cramps' and drove to Walgreen's for Rolaids. I had a hard time getting back into the car. I thought it would pass and didn't want to call off dinner.
Two hours pass and I could not function. I was in so much pain. My friend Cory came over and made me go to the hospital - bless you my son. My mother even showed up. The nurse wanted to start a line and I smiled and said good luck. Everytime it is like I am challenging them or something. She failed with her two attempts and called another nurse, while I am contorting in pain. It is hard to tell a woman where the pain is when it is right behind my unit. My nurses were very funny, and once I was under the covers and the morphine was following - everything was fine. I was text book kidney stone. Three hours of pain and your friend telling you it might be an appendix issues, which made me feel like death, it was all under control.
The doctor came and and spoke with me about the pain and stuff. It was hard not to look at his hair, because with his paycheck you would think he might have a better rug. I'm just saying. I had a cat scan to see where my kidney stone was and the size of it. Thank the good Lord I found out it had worked it's way through to the bladder!! Yippee, whatever that means. He said it was small, which my mother kept saying. Which I responded that it was all relative to the pipes the stone was moving through. The doctor found other things of interest, one being that I have a funny looking kidney - who knew.
That's my story. Extreme pain like you wouldn't believe!! And FYI, right when I got home I passed the LB (reference to the mice in my house).
The hospital was nothing like Grey's Anatomy. They were Minnesota nurses. I am going to take it easy today and let everything down there get back to feeling normal.

<< Home