All GOOD things...................

The family friendly trials and tribulations of the everyday life. So boring and clean it might worry you.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Three Vicodin, and nothing

So, here we are on another Tuesday morning. Anything new with you? Come on you can tell me.

Since you are not talking I'll tell you about this past weekend. Friday night the old gang got together for IH5 (Ice House 5). The past five years we have gotten together the last weekend of ice fishing at an ice house on Lake Minnetonka. Events such as outdoor foozball, snow football, ice fishing, the hooka pipe and some drinking. This year the ice house was not put out on a lake. We met in the city instead. The evening started at Fat Lorenzo's Pizza on Cedar. Eight guys in the corner, yup we were loud. You wouldn't believe how difficult some people made paying the bill. ;)
After that we went to Lake Hiawatha to play broomball at a park. It was a blast. I didn't wear my equipment because I thought it was going to be a friendly game - why do I always think that? I didn't think the game would last more then a half an hour, wrong again. We just kept playing. The junior high rink guy turned the lights out early and left. We stood there for a couple minutes and then kept playing. Yes, it does make it a little more difficult. The boards were only as high as just below the knees - :) That and behind the nets had chicken wire up seven feet. Nothing happened that time couldn't heal. In the dark I turned at the last minute to take the ball right in the back of the head, right at the top of the spine. Another guy took a face full of chicken wire, and someone got knocked over the boards. When that was finished five of us continued on to bowling. Nothing like bowling with a guy spinning records and security at the door. Again, no one got hurt.

Sunday I made it to church, and yes made it to the 30-Something class. It was hard, a couple weeks ago I chickened out and went home. I went into the class and it was alright. I will give it a second chance as well. Someone was nice enough to come up and say hello to me before hand. I knew a couple people there. I might try one of their social events. Maybe.

I am back on the bad movie renting kick. I rented a movie on Saturday that I kind of thought might be bad. I liked the main guy in the movie BUT I was so wrong. That was the worst movie I have seen. This is my 'Glitter' movie. WOW!!

Oh yeah, here is the real image from the photos I put out last time. The artist provided this for me after seeing me put up the last one. Michelle Westmark is the artist. She is this rising talent on the west coast. A couple other people I know had their picture taken, I hope to show a couple more. Family response has been funny, from mock horror to wondering why I wasn't wearing nice shoes.

Image hosting by Photobucket

You can see more of her work at www.michellewestmark.com