All GOOD things...................

The family friendly trials and tribulations of the everyday life. So boring and clean it might worry you.

Monday, February 06, 2006

The Oscar goes to...........

the girl who took a dive in front of me during my second broomball game yesterday. The game was almost over when this girl went out of her way to get in front of me - she had done this all game. I pushed her to the side AND she took a dive. If you do not know what 'taking a dive' means...here you go, when you hardly touch someone and they go down hard. All the ref saw was her going down hard and called me for a penalty. I am the guy that tries to catch people when they are falling or hold them up - not the goon from childhood. As I walked off the rink I was whining to the ref about her interference - not a good idea. He shot his hand up and yells "You're Out of here. Get off the ice!!" I couldn't believe it, I just hung my head and walked off without a word. No kidding. I am not a cheap player. Here is another reason I know she took a dive, no one on her team said a word. No one did a thing. Her man was on the team and he didn't do anything. So, in the catagory of comedy - the Stunt Man Oscar goes to that girl.

I had a great day yesterday with both games. I scored five times and got two assists. Both teams won. A first for both I think. I scored from the faceoff at center ice and off the goalies facemask. The first game was against a team that I had wanted to play on for the past five years, that was the only game I wanted to win. I think it was 8-2, who knew we could score??

If you see me today, shoot me!! I am killing time before I go and start a painting job. I need to finish my oatmeal before I start the day. Not sure how my father ate this every morning, but I am starting to think it was because it was the only thing he could make in the kitchen.

This is the last week for broomball, I think. A game every night this week. It is Monday, so you know where I will be tonight around 8pm, come on out.

I think I hurt myself yesterday.

In closing, I don't know the people on my other team that well. I was talking to a guy named Pete about where his wife was??? He said working and I said what does she do?? Retail/Sales, cop, I forget the rest. He said - Firefighter! I just looked at him and was like, coooooooool. A fire fighting wife, cooooool.