All GOOD things...................

The family friendly trials and tribulations of the everyday life. So boring and clean it might worry you.

Monday, January 09, 2006

One week down, a lot more to go

So, the fresh smell of the new year is starting to fade. My goal is to build on what '05 brought me. The job hunt is in full swing, oh what fun. I am looking into selling some prints of photographs I have taken over the past few years. A friend of mine talked to me about it this weekend.

I tried the new restaurant on Friday night, Salut.
The new place in Edina. I liked it, niether my friend or I had been there before. I was packed at 8pm. It was a little noisy for my taste. Give it time to settle in, because it will be around longer then the Ginger place a block down.

I'll just jump to the end of the weekend. I ended up going to the church I used to attend last night, wait they might want to call it something else - like a gathering place or something. Who knows? I didn't make it to a church in the morning and need to make a point this year to go. So, I went. It was so good to hear the music again. I miss that. So blah, blah blah - it was good to connect with people I hadn't seen in a while. It is funny because it is such a sporatic group of people that most just assumed that I still attended. So after, I decided to follow the group that goes to Figlio's. It was good, I was hungry. While walking a friend back to my car I made the comment that it looked like my car had been hit. YUP! My beautiful red mini-van had been side swiped. AND because we are Minnesota nice they left a note. I AM KIDDING!!! Hit and run folks. Doesn't the person who hit me realize it is bad enough that I drive a mini-van? They did a good job of almost hitting the entire side of the car. This has never happened to me before in my life. Luckily I had a pro with me and I asked Marlene what happens at this point. Remember, always have a seasoned vet with you!

In closing we lost our first broomball game 3-1. I am pretty sure it will be our only loss.

Also, I finished my first book last night - Patriot Games, a little book by a guy named Clancy.