All GOOD things...................

The family friendly trials and tribulations of the everyday life. So boring and clean it might worry you.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Here we are, again.

Well, it is the first day of the year again. This year I am going to try something new.....some might say improve myself.

I had a great time last night having dinner over @ Cafe 28. I was joined by the goodlooking Irishman. Nice low key evening.

For you wondering why the new format.......well, new year, new ideas, and I well, am still going to be making you laugh at the boring everyday events I experience.

Here are some things for you to ponder. I am going to be changing a couple of things this year, like reading more and making an attempt to start painting again. I would tell you more of what's one the list but I think I can manage on my own.

I will leave you with a funny story from the holidays. I was sleeping in the basement at my sister's house. My nephew was down there with me, he is five years old. One night his dad slept with him because of the amount of people in the house. The basement is a big unfinished space, just to help you picture it. The next night his dad laid down with him to help him sleep. It didn't help. When I went to bed he was looking around and not really sleeping. When some time had passed I asked him what was wrong. He said he wasn't sleepy. I said to try harder. Our beds were close and he crawled to the end of his to be closer to me. I told him maybe it would help if he counted sheep. His response was that there were no sheep in the basement. I smiled and said no, count sheep in your head. He asked how would they get in there? I laughed and said, good point. That is the funny part. I asked him if he wanted to sleep in my bed, his response was yup. He grabbed his pillow and jumped over. When he got under the covers he said, w a r m. Kind of quietly and in a soothing way. I laughed again. Within two minutes he was out cold.

2005 was one of the best years in my life. I say that for a lot of different reasons. My goal is to top that in 2006, I hope I see a lot of you along the way.